Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Friday, October 01, 2004

Random Thoughts

Does anyone else spell in their head sometimes when they think or speak? I mean they can see the words they are saying or thinking about. For instance, Blog Brother _Jon over at We Swear. If I were to ever meet him in person, I would probably call him, ‘inhale’ Jon. I see his name as _Jon, so in my head, I guess I just pause before I see Jon, kind of like an inhale. I know. Odd.

I’m sick of my kids referring to marshmallows at clown turds. First, I don’t like the word turd. Not that I prefer them to say $hit, but turd is still a 4 letter word and is just gross. They can say Poop. Second, it’s just nasty. We’re in Publix, we go down the aisle with marshmallows, and inevitably one or all of them shout, “Mom! Can we buy some Clown Turds?!” Bleh. People must look at me like I’m Po’ White Trash, and I’m not even wearing my $12 rubber Walmart boots. Bah!

Y’all have never had the privilege of seeing VW’s boys, but they are beautiful children and I realized today, I truly love her first son. I’ll love her 2nd one too (he's 1), but he still hates me. He loves his Mama, which is at it should be, and all other women are poison. Heh. Maybe he learned early! I love to tease him, point to him and say, “You know little buddy, one day you’re going to love me. You will. One day. You will love me” and then I rub his toes. He always looks at me like I’m a lunatic.

I REALLY REALLY like the new digs over at Tammi's! I like her blue; I like her FL map. Next time anyone asks me where my town is located, I'll refer them to her site, her map and go from there! It's just a really cheery blog.

4 Comments:

Blogger That 1 Guy said...

The spelling deal? Yeah, I do that, but not as bad as the punctuation deal. I think the same way when I read _Jon, and I've told Eric of Straight White Guy that when I read his posts, with his trademark "....", I always think "sipping drink." He's explained that it come from learning to type in the Corps, but I still think it.

2:03 AM  
Blogger Tammi said...

I do the same spelling thing in my head when I talk or think. Sometimes it will actually distract me when I'm giving a presentation. Usually I don't notice that I do it but every once in a while it's like seeing something out of the side of eye - it just stops me. BTW - I hate when that happens.

Kathy did do a great job with the design, didn't she? I'm very happy with it. I'm so glad ya'll like it.

And you're right. Bugs #2 son WILL love you - how could he not.

I'm with you - I'll take hurricanes over fire anyday! Even though the chances are (at least from where I'm sitting) more likely we'll see more hurricanes than most volcanos errupt - just the idea of the lava and fire. No, no thank you. I'll take the wind and the rain.

5:48 AM  
Blogger Harvey said...

"You will love me” and then I rub his toes. He always looks at me like I’m a lunatic."

[looking at Bou like she's a lunatic]

Will you please rub my toes, Mrs. nice crazy lady? ;-)

12:32 PM  
Blogger vw bug said...

Everyone can take a peak. Not the best pictures but very recent.

And my #2 Son does like you now. He doesn't cry anymore when he sees you! GRIN. Just another month or two and you'll be best of friends.

Talking about how you spell in your head brings back conversations about doing math in your head. How do you figure out how much something costs if it is 30% off? Think about it...

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home