Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Friday, October 01, 2004

Ivan Debris Pictures

Today’s Hurricane picture is courtesy of The Great Omnipotent One. This pile he is sitting next to is the debris from HIS home, with a small portion from the guy next door. MOST of it is in fact TGOO's. Look how small he looks. He kinda looks like a little elf sitting there, doesn’t he? *grin* He says he thinks he looks like Doctor Livingston with the pith helmet and gray beard. I don’t know. Maybe a leprechaun.

Anyway, I thought this was a great picture depicting how damn big their debris piles are. Oh… and this isn’t all the debris from his house. Nope. There is more. He says the roads are covered with 12 foot high 20 foot wide debris piles that go on and on forever, stretching the length of entire roads. I asked for another picture that I will post at a later date.

Also, note the width of the tree he is sitting on. These weren’t scrawny 200 foot pine trees. You couldn’t wrap your arms around them. They were big ass trees. TGOO says as they fell to the ground with their thunderous crash during the storm, the house shook. I think I would have vomited.

5 Comments:

Blogger That 1 Guy said...

(grinning ... looking between garbage bags and TGOO)
Sorry, but he does look like one of the little people!

*snicker*

1:50 AM  
Blogger Tammi said...

Holy Shit!!! I almost ashamed at having complained about shoveling up my neighbors garbage from around the front of my house. Damn good thing he salvaged that chain saw!

5:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gonna take this to my Dad's (former master tree surgeon) house tomorrow so he can see there are REAL trees in FL. Wow ... I love your Dad, Boudicca. - DK

6:02 AM  
Blogger Bob said...

OK, the Travelocity folks need to make a spot where the gnome goes to Florida, not to see Mickey or hang out at South Beach or groove on the Key West sunset, but to do some hurricane tourism. Nuts to "Don't forget your hat," I want to see the gnome do the "weather reporter lean" into a 120 mph wind while he shouts "Don't forget your Goretex rain slicker!" So what if he's not as photogenic as Jim Cantore.

6:02 AM  
Blogger Bou said...

Bob... LOL! I'm all over TGOO replacing Jim Cantore at this point. Jim was cute during the first Hurricane was in Charley. He's not cute anymore!

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home