Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Thursday, September 30, 2004

Funny Ivan Stories... The First of Two

So many damn funny stories. Where to start, where to start.

First, my sister was on vacation in Cancun with her boyfriend just before Ivan started heading into the Gulf. They got stuck in Cancun while they waited for the hurricane to clear. My sister, in her day to day life, is a go with the flow no stress have fun kinda gal. Her work personality isn’t like that, but her homelife personality is very free spirit.

So she gets home Wednesday night, my parents are hunkered down, starting to feel the beginnings of Ivan. Our first conversation Thursday morning, after the conversation where I told her not to call them because I woke them up, went something like this:

Morrigan: I sure hope they took down the birdfeeders and wind chimes off of the dog wood.
Bou: Wait. Who are we talking about here? You or Mom and Dad. (Implication: Mom and Dad would NEVER forget anything in hurricane prep. My sister… Phtt. She would have had windchimes blowing out her sliders.)

We laughed.

Thursday again. I’m talking about the damage my parents have seen:

Morrigan: Dad should be taking pix of this and downloading them to us!
Bou: Ummm… he would… if he had… POWER!
Morrigan: They have power. I just got an e-mail from Mom.
Bou: No you didn’t.
M: Yes I did.
B: Are you sure? What was it an update?
M: No, it was a joke.
B: Wait. You’re telling me that you just got a joke from Mom. They just endured the wrath of a horrible hurricane and she chose to send a JOKE as opposed to an UPDATE to everyone?!
M: Oh. Wait. Let me find it. (Searching through her e-mail.) OH. You’re right. She sent it to me while I was in Cancun. I got the dates wrong here.

Yeah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home