Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Thursday, September 30, 2004

Youppi

OK, follow me on this one... it may take a minute.

There has been all this talk about John Kerry turning orange. As a matter of fact, there was discussion on it just yesterday in one of Harvey's comment sections and it was brought out by BeeBee who has more discussion at her site HERE. BeeBee was betting that Kerry is turning orange because he is a Furry and his inner animal is a tiger without his stripes. (You have to really scroll down in Harvey's comments to get to BeeBee starting with Furries... the first part of the comments is about something called Anime.) Then it went from there...

So this morning, I am reading my morning paper, and when I go to the Sports Section (yes, gentlemen, I do read the Sports Section, I just have not the time to watch the sports) and there is this picture of this orange furry 'thing'. It's the mascot for The Expos! Did I say he's orange? And did I mention he's furry?

The mascot's name is Youppi. I just see too many similiarities:

Youppi, or Youppi! (Yippee! or Hooray! in French), has been the mascot for the Montreal Expos baseball team since 1979. The orange, hairy giant is one of the most popular figures among kids at Olympic Stadium, where he is often running around with his arms waving wildly during baseball games.
Catch that? He's French! Youppi is a French! We have the entire over generalization of the cowardly French who won't stand up for anything and then we have Kerry who gives a whole new definition, beyond Clinton's definition, of the word Waffle.

Youppi is popular with kids. Kerry is popular with young idealistic college kids who don't really understand that our Freedom has a price and is not a Free.

Youppi runs around with his arms waving wildly during baseball games. I think that is akin to looking like an idiot. Kerry looks like an idiot. Harv has a list of idiots he looks like.

And Youppi is orange. And so is Kerry.

There you have it. Kerry is a furry. And he is aiming to look like Youppi!



6 Comments:

Blogger Jovianne said...

Very sound Logic there.
I like it.

3:55 PM  
Blogger Anathematized1 said...

Errr. When I think "Furry" I think of those people who dress up in furry animal outfits and go to conventions to have sex with each other. Saw that on MTV Real Sex awhile back. It was highly disturbing - they had furry lil winkie sheaths *shudder*....

Ohhhh crap. Now I have a picture in my head of Kerry banging his intern in a Youppi costume....maaaaan.

5:21 PM  
Blogger vw bug said...

Did you see on the CNN Headline News Briefs that the French voted 46% for Kerry and 5% for Bush to be president of the US? BTW, does anyone know how to find those stupid News Briefs online? I looked for 10 minutes and couldn't find it. The article I did find said the French liked him because he spoke French and married a woman that was from outside the US. Besides the other more important issues. Sigh. So, the point of all of this was - let's send Kerry to France and let him run that country for a while. Ta Da!

8:11 PM  
Blogger Tammi said...

ROTFL!!

And the thing that scares me is that I'm willing to bet you drew those conclusions in a split second. Oh you're good....you're really good!!! :)

7:25 AM  
Blogger Harvey said...

I think I'd rather have Youppi than Kerry as president :-)

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Friggin brilliant!

BeeBee

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home