Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

You Can't Have Too Many Warm Fuzzies

I can't do THIS article justice. You just have to read it.

Brief synopsis: It's about a very caring little boy, who understands what our men and women are doing for us in Iraq... a little boy who sent his prized possession with a 3 page letter via the Any Soldier program to a soldier currently in Iraq, a soldier he did not know, but wanted to show appreciation towards. It's about a soldier who was so touched by the letter and what he received, that he showed it to his entire Brigade and they did something to show their appreciation in return.

It's a feel good story and we don't get enough of those.

Big Curtsy Thank You, to my Bro, TN, who brought this to my attention.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jody said...

What a great story. I remember that when my brother was in Iraq it meant so much for him to get stuff from home. We had it set up, with our large group of family & friends, that he received a package almost every day. He shared with his unit and the Air Force unit who lodged with them. Such a small show of support goes such a long way with our troops.

8:12 AM  
Blogger That 1 Guy said...

That was just cool. I've got a lump in my throat.

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home