Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Monday, October 11, 2004

Part II of the Fart Machine

My Better Half comes home last night from his trip with a DVD of Jeff Foxworthy’s Blue Collar Comedy Tour. I don’t watch TV and he doesn’t ask me often to watch. I had things to do last night, bills to pay, accounts to reconcile for the groups I am Treasurer for, meetings to coordinate. So when he asked me to sit down and watch it with him, I did give him some resistance. But he was insistent and said, ‘You of all people will LOVE this.” And love it I did.

I laughed… I laughed so hard I cried. (Ron White is hysterical.) I heard things that reminded my of my Paternal Grandfather, and God Rest His Soul, I loved that man, but I do think now, he may have been a redneck. It just cracked me up.

A colleague of my husband’s loved this DVD so much, she bought one for him and for the office and gave it to him at this meeting they were attending. My husband was watching it while on his trip and he gets to a scene where Jeff is with the guys from his tour (other comedians) and they’re walking through the mall. They walk into Spencer Gifts and they see this Remote Control Fart Machine. He said as soon as he saw it he just KNEW that was the gift he had to get the boys. The scene in the DVD is hysterical as Larry the Cable Guy walks through the mall, walking up to people while using his Fart Machine.

So there you have it, the story as to how this great toy was acquired. And T1G, bite your tongue, boy! I’ll pass on the Fart spray. I just do not need that in my life.

Meanwhile, I fully expect that I will be awakened Sunday morning, my sleep in morning, by the Fart Machine. Not exactly music to my ears.

5 Comments:

Blogger That 1 Guy said...

(grinning)

Awwww, it doesn't have to be fart spray. They also had Smelly Feet and I think Vomit. Heh. Loved that stuff!

2:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always turned my nose up at Foxworthy, but the first time I watched it? Yup. I laughed my fool *ss off.

//Helen
(Everyday Stranger)

5:12 AM  
Blogger Jody said...

Excellent DVD!! "They call me Tater Salad" Ron White is a riot. Bill Engval is doing a show up here on November 5- I wish we could go, but the baby will be too new to leave.

8:32 AM  
Blogger Bou said...

I had never seen Ron White. The guy his hysterical. There is this whole airplane bit that had us rolling.

And Jeff... I think he is a white version of Bill Cosby. I don't think he uses profanity other than an occasional hell or damn and he is clean fun humor. Nobody is AS GOOD as Bill, but Jeff is in that same funny circle.

10:01 AM  
Blogger Bou said...

I had never seen Ron White. The guy his hysterical. There is this whole airplane bit that had us rolling.

And Jeff... I think he is a white version of Bill Cosby. I don't think he uses profanity other than an occasional hell or damn and he is clean fun humor. Nobody is AS GOOD as Bill, but Jeff is in that same funny circle.

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home