Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Monday, October 25, 2004

Happy Blogoversary, Grau

On March 5th, I opened my paper to find this hysterical article on a Retrosexual Code. (If you have not read it, you need to. I love it.) It gave full credit to the owner… a one Graumagus of Frizzensparks and it said it was a blog. I had never heard of a blog. So I jumped on line to the address given and read his Code, then I jumped to the Main page and read damn near everything he wrote. I could not quit laughing.

Every day, I would log on to see what he had come up with. It was way offbeat, he calls it deranged, I just call it funny as hell. And so… I became a loyal reader. After awhile I got the guts to comment. If you look at his stuff from March to June, I commented as –D. I had e-mailed him to let him know who I was… I didn’t want to be a troll, but I didn’t want personal info out there either, so I cleared it with him.

Through his blog I met the nicest man, a man with a big heart who loves his kids, has a cool hobby and a wonderfully wicked sense of humor and a man with some of the best friends I have ever witnessed. Most of Grau’s buddies comment at his place… and the glimpse of the bond he has with these people, completely warms my heart. As funny as he is, sometimes my favorite part is just watching him interact with his friends, they are all such wonderfully awesome people. And through Grau, I got to ‘meet’ them too.

Today is Grau’s 1 year Blogoversary. And as most of you know, he is one of my blog fathers. Through his blogroll I found other blogs, through one of his posts and his commenters, I found my other blog father, Harvey. A girl couldn’t be luckier than with these two gentlemen in her life.

So to Grau I say, “Happy Blogoversary”, with big hugs and kisses! Without you, I would not have found the blogosphere, I would not have found Harvey, and without both of you, I would not have found this cartharsis I have in my blog.

Thank you Big Guy! And may there be many many more.

2 Comments:

Blogger Harvey said...

[blushes along with Life Partner Grau]

I stumbled on G when he started doing some Filthy Lie Assignments for the Alliance. They were SO funny, sick, twisted and creative... after a couple of them, I decided I did NOT want to miss anything this guy wrote, and he's been a daily read ever since.

6:49 AM  
Blogger Contagion said...

Oh god, your going to swell that oversized cranium of his even more then it already is. There will be no living with him now.

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home