Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

WPB SitRep 1130 CST

Boudica reports via cell phone that they still have no phone service via landline. Her cell comes through analog roaming, so there's probably a tower down. Many people in WPB are still without power and it looks like a disaster area with all the trees down. The traffic lights are inop. The line for gas is "five miles long" (her description), so essentially there's no gas. The stores are selling only non-perishable items, i.e., no meats or vegetables. The kids' school has been destroyed, roof gone, etc.
Other than that, life is good */;-)
BT
TGOO sends

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, that should simplify Boudica's job as treasurer.
TGOO

12:40 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

I think the school being destroyed was every kids dream...I remember it being mine and my friends (especially when a test was looming!). However, they won't like it during the summer when the days have to be made up. (Makes Indiana and "snow days" look better and better!)

Glad to hear they are all safe and sound, that's what counts. Schools can be rebuilt, especially with those ugly modular things they use down here.

Send her our best wishes for some electricity, phone and gas. I wonder if the shrimp is still good? *ducking*

1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just FYI...you are all in our prayers
Jay

4:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the school, take care, and try to stay cool headed.

BeeBee

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home