Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Does This Make me a BAD Daughter?

Heh heh heh. I call my folks a couple times a day. OK maybe four or five times. They try to stay off the roads other than going to FEMA to get ice or to bop around the neighborhood to check on homes for me, from questions I have received on the PNJ Forum. So my Mom answers today. Now they get no news other than local stuff on the radio and every now and then they get a paper. It's tough to get to them as there are power poles blocking easy access to their home. Also, keep in mind, my Mom doesn't really curse or anything.

Me: So it's raining here today. Pretty hard. Lots of wind.
Mom: Really?
Me: Yup. It's gonna last awhile.
Mom: Hunh.
Me: Guess where it's coming from?
Mom: I have no idea...
Me: Remnants of Ivan.
Mom: What?!!! It made its way back DOWN the coast?
Me: Yup.
Mom: You've got to be kidding me!
Me: Nope. Guess what the worst case scenario is?
Silence
Mom: Tell me that it's not going to go back into the Gulf?
Me: Yup. Worst case is back into the gulf and turn into another hurricane.
Silence again
Mom: Well... that's just a bunch of crap!

I started to laugh. I'm still laughing. Now of course if it happens, I won't laugh, but for now, the whole thing is so daggum absurd, it's funny.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, that does make you a bad daughter. I didn't mention that to them even though I knew that too. Therefore, I'm the favorite...for now. :o)

1:16 PM  
Blogger Tammi said...

I KNEW I should have called you this afternoon.

When I heard our crappy weather was Ivan I somehow KNEW you would pull that one out of your magic a$$.

It doesn't make you a bad daughter, it just makes you a pretty good target for revenge!!!

5:09 PM  
Blogger Stu said...

OH, so I caught you telling stories. I was reading your comment on my site thinking, "what is she talking about?, Ivan remnants, hmmm...she must have been hit in the head with a flying coconut!"

7:58 PM  
Blogger Bou said...

Ha! I will continue to be the favorite until YOU produce them a grandchild... and even then, I may still be the favorite unless you produce them a girl!

(To all readers, my parents do not have favorites. This is a running joke in our family.)

Tammi- Can ya frickin' believe it? Then they're talkin' about Jeanne comin' on back around and some bitch named Lisa. Half the people in my neighborhood that had shutters up, STILL HAVE THEM UP!

8:00 PM  
Blogger Bou said...

No, Stu! It's true!!! We're getting Ivan remnants down here, but if it turns into another 'cane, they have to rename it.

8:01 PM  
Blogger vw bug said...

Ok, take a peak at my area at 11am today. The road to the east, you can see the reflection of trees all the way down the road. My front yard is covered along with the swells and road. Too bad you can't send these to your folks!

http://www.geocities.com/onehappydogspeaks/ivancuz.html

8:12 PM  
Blogger Tammi said...

I wondered last night was was going on - the rain was so heavy. I cked that station we will never watch again, and saw it was damn Ivan back for another visit.

2 days of rain. Last night was by far the worst, but all day again to day very very steady.

Oh, and I've got my eye on that Lisa. I'm on to her little game. I'll drive her off just like I did Jeanne.

BTW - is it november yet?!?! This is just toooooo old!!

8:34 PM  
Blogger Tammi said...

Bug - Unbelievable!! My question is where is all this water finally gonna drain to?!?!

Geez - just be careful on that road.

8:36 PM  
Blogger Bou said...

Is it just me or does it look like Karl is going to hit Iceland?

8:43 PM  
Blogger Harvey said...

"she must have been hit in the head with a flying coconut!"

So the question becomes... what was the airspeed velocity of the swallow that dropped it? [/monty python]

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home