Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Sunday, September 19, 2004

Boudicca's Boys Back to Normalcy Part II

Warning, this is a gross post.

Son#3 has been pretty sick with the icky stomach virus. It lasted damn near a week. I finally had to take him to the pedo on Friday as Thursday he almost puked again and he didn’t appear much better. (Turns out Thursday he was car sick.)

Well, not to get graphic, but basically she said if he wasn’t better by Monday they wanted a sample, bleh, and she would give me the papers in advance in case we had to pick up the sample cup on Monday. As we’re leaving Son#3 asks me what the papers are for. Being the wicked Mom I am I laughed and said, “Well, little buddy, if you still feel icky on Monday, you’ll have to poop in a cup." Oh his face, it was hysterical and then he shouted at me, “I’m not pooping in a cup!” I’m still laughing thinking about it.

Every now and then I would tease him and as I’m relating this story to my sister, she says, “You are going to be in big trouble if he has to actually poop in that cup. Maybe he thinks it’s a drinking cup.” Turns out that’s not what it was. We’re germ phobes in this house and he was afraid of a ‘cup floweth over’. Whatever. Blech.

Anyway, he is fine now. But this is what I’m wondering and dreading. Now I know I’m blogging about this, and I see it differently because there is an anonymity with blogging, for the most part, and I’m not shouting it to the world, people are coming here and if they read it they do, otherwise, they move to a different post. No captive audience. However, he truly does not understand the difference between what you joke about around family and close friends and what you joke about in public, like in school. So he’s going back to school tomorrow and I am really afraid he’s going to yell out to his class, “Oh yeah. I was sick. And if my stomach virus wasn’t gone by today, they were going to make me poop in a cup!” And he does not speak, he only shouts.

So I’m hoping I remember to tell him not to talk about it in school before leaves… otherwise I think I’m guaranteed this will happen.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tammi said...

"I'm not gonna poop in a cup!" LOL - I can so visualize THAT conversation!!

Oh and Bou? You can pretty well bet he's gonna say it whether you explain it or not! If I remember boys correctly, telling him not to will make it happen for sure!! :)

9:13 PM  
Blogger Anathematized1 said...

I think #3 is more likely to need counseling for the pooping in a cup episode than being referred to by a number if he's a germaphobe. LOL.

12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home