Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Friday, September 17, 2004

Omnipotence Reigns

Where there is a will, there is a way. I got an e-mail from a cousin I have never met, but whom The Great Omnipotent One met through his genealogjcal, research. I've been keeping family posted. Anyway, it seems my cousin had spoken to TGOO right before they lost their landlines. Cousin told me that he informed TGOO that next time he goes into his safe room, he needs to sleep with his chain saw instead of keeping it in his shed. My Dad stores all lawn equipment in his big shed out back and the shed got flattened. It's one of those big Tupperware type sheds you see nowadays.

My folks finally got cell coverage and TGOO called me to give me a status. He said he was outside with his chainsaw, cutting up trees. I said, "What? I heard your chainsaw was in your shed and you told me your shed got flattened like a pancake." He replied, "Oh yeah, well I got my bolt cutters and just started cutting my way through the shed until I got to my chainsaw." His lawn mower is history, but his chainsaw is obviously intact.

I was sitting there last night thinking, 'This is going to be his own personal hell... seeing all those trees out there and he can't do jack about it. ' I was even thinking of shipping him a chainsaw. Phtt. What was I thinking? We're talking about The Great Omnipotent One. He finds a solution to everything and nothing holds him back.

Next on the list, as soon as Home Depot opens, he's going to buy shingles, repair his roof and as he puts it, "Get the hell out of here." No power, no water, no phone, no internet, not pleasant. He's got things to do and it doesn't include sitting in a sticky house with no water.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tammi said...

The more you share with us, the more I like him!!!

and again I say, the apple doesn't fall far from that tree at all!!

You are very lucky to have parents like them. (well, they're pretty luck too!)

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home