Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Thursday, September 16, 2004

I Have Come to Hate the Weather Channel

It's official. I hate them. I hate them all. I hate the ef'in Weather Channel. The sounds of their voices in the background as my husband watches and I sit at my desk, is enough to make me want to vomit. The Weather Channel music makes me want to scream.

The sensationalism... I guess what else are they going to do? It's the damn Weather Channel. They report weather. I guess they figure this keeps us in tune... but it does not. I'm tuning out. I am officially getting all my weather news from the internet.

If I see little weather channel chicky girl say one more time, "Look! Look at this stick! This could become a projectile and kill someone!!!" or stupid weather channel drama boy, "And look at this awning! It was torn from the building!", I may punch my TV. Guess what? That's what hurricanes do. Yeah, I'm interested in the bridges washing away and the floods (this is MY HOMETOWN they're reporting on), but I'll pass on the awnings and the potential killer sticks.

I'm over them. And if we take a hit from Jeanne, I frickin' promise you I will NOT be getting my updates from the Weather Channel. Bah!

5 Comments:

Blogger Tammi said...

You and me both. I guess they are forgetting that with three hurricanes in the past month most of the country that would watch them for any reason, already figured all that stuff out. I know it sunk in with me during Frances, and I'm not always really quick out of the starting gate.

It's offical then, we are boycotting the weather channel from here on out.

8:47 PM  
Blogger vw bug said...

Add me to your list. I just about died when I read this because it followed the conversation I was having with my sis and bro-in-law last night almost exactly. Too FUNNY! Bro-in-law was wondering if some of the 'projectiles' were staged since the 'weather chicky girl' was in a protected area. (Just joking - but sometimes it does make you wonder).

5:53 AM  
Blogger Stu said...

We're in sync on that one. Here is a post I made to my blog a few days ago.

http://stu.blogs.com/blog/2004/09/hurricanes_and_.html

9:09 AM  
Blogger Harvey said...

"Attack of the Killer Sticks"... wasn't that a bad Roger Corman sci-fi flick from the 50's? :-)

9:37 AM  
Blogger Anathematized1 said...

I would highly suggest CNN with Anderson Cooper. I don't know what the hell he's talking about half the time, but he's kinda hot for a news guy. *swoon*

I was going to post a link to pics, but the ones I found do NOT do him justice...*thinks for a moment* Hmmmm, maybe he's really not hot, it's just been the muscle relaxants and sleeping pills influencing my perception. *waggles a couple of pill bottles at you and hands you the remote*

10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home