Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Sunday, September 19, 2004

A Big Thank You

I have a lot to post tonight, good things about Home Depot, funny stories and such, but I wanted to get this out for my parents.

My parents said they want to thank anyone who has contributed to Red Cross or FEMA and anyone who has volunteered in any way to help those stricken in the panhandle. Policemen from other areas have come in to assist, National Guard, Red Cross and Salvation Army volunteers and power linemen from all over the country and my parents said that every single person in the area cannot express enough how grateful they are for the outpouring of love and assistance.

My father stood in line today for ice. It has only been 4 days without power and they are well aware it could be another 3 weeks. He went to the local FEMA branch which he said was very well run and they gave him two bags of ice and some MREs. Their freezer is cleared of all meat now and you can't buy meat or dairy yet as the supermarkets still don't have power. They have plenty of canned goods.

I saw a post at Matty of Blackfive on MREs once. People were posting on how you could mix and match or add stuff for flavor. I read it at the time just for fun. Who would have thought I'd be hunting for it now to give my parent's advice on a potential meal? It does make me laugh.

Once again, a big thank you to all of those who have donated to Red Cross or FEMA and to those who have been volunteering to help. Our paper today was saying the devastation they are seeing from Ivan is akin to that of Andrew.

To see the lastest pictures, including aerial photos provided by the Sheriff's Office, go HERE.

1 Comments:

Blogger vw bug said...

Howdy, My bro-in-law, retired Marine, went to the folks house and cleaned out their fridge and freezer. He had been running the generator, so most of the food was still good. He gave the majority of the good stuff to a neighbor who was cooking for the National Guard. They are going to eat well tonight! Chicken, steaks, pizza. :-) And now my sis and family have a few more good meals.

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home