Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Karate a Week in Review

I thought I was crashing and burning for sure in Karate tonight. The first hour, I was counting the minutes in my head. I’m not getting enough sleep and I’ve been wrapped a bit too tight lately. The second hour went much better, thankfully.

There is a big tournament coming up that I have been asked to compete in, which is no big deal since I was going to be there with my eldest anyway. There is a chance he could make Nationals and in the event that I make them too, I’ll compete at Nationals also. I’m not doing any extra training than I already was, but am working on more things… trying to perfect my kata more… the subtle nuances. I told my husband tonight that when my Sensei was working with me tonight, going over my competition kata, I felt very good that I was finally past the ‘your stances are too high, your foot movements are wrong, your hips should be square’ and have moved more into ‘when you turn your head, take it an extra 5 degrees and on that attack, push a little harder’. We are fine tuning and even though it is even more difficult to fine tune than work on the BIG problems, it is a good feeling.

I will not be sparring in competition. I don’t fight. I don’t like watching women’s boxing. I don’t want to be part of anything that resembles that. I like my face, I like my teeth, and I like my hands. I don’t need anything broken, although I do think it is an inevitability that I will break a rib in training. I just hope it isn’t before mid-March.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home