Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Sunday, January 16, 2005

Can't Get it Out of my Head

This song has been in my head and has been making me laugh.

It started with a conversation with VW at breakfast one morning. We were talking about someone we knew that liked women that dressed kinda trashy. I told her there was a song about that, but all I could remember was “Prom Date and Dolly Parton Wig”. She didn’t remember.

Then today, I was talking to TGOO about some folks we know and he says to me, “Didn’t he marry a stripper?” and then that dang song came back into my head. I replied, “Do you know that song about that kid who loves Trashy Women?” and he said nope, he didn’t recall. Which made me google.

Sure enough, I found my favorite paragraph:

Shoulda seen the looks on the faces of my Dad and Mom,When I showed up at the door with a date for the senior prom.They said: "Well, pardon us son, she ain't no kid."That's a cocktail waitress in a Dolly Parton wig.I said: "I know it dad, ain't she cool, that's the kind I dig."


You gotta hear him say “Ain’t she cool” heh. Funny stuff. Country Western, I don’t listen to much of it, but sometimes they come up with some lyrics I just cannot get out of my head.

So now, in case you’re wondering… the song is “Trashy Women”, by Confederate Railroad and you can see all the lyrics HERE. Sorry, I couldn't find an MP3 I didn't have to pay for.

I know quite a few guys that fell in this category...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know "quite a few guys who fit in this category?"

And the problem IS???? :))


(Actually, I was hoping your lyric website would help me find the lyrics to an old favorite tune, the "London Homesick Blues," but no such luck. It used to be the theme song for Austin City Limits. But I've never found the lyrics online anywhere. Any ideas gang?

-- George

10:19 PM  
Blogger Harvey said...

http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/London-Homesick-Blues-lyrics-Jerry-Jeff-Walker/351DCB7D82040C2848256DDC002A1CBD

Any time you have a title, just put it into Google followed by the word "lyrics" :-)

Bou - that's one of the few country songs I actually like - seriously.

12:50 AM  
Blogger Jody said...

Classic song. Right up there with Achy Breaky Heart. Sticks in your head. You don't really want to admit that you know it, much less enjoy it...a little. Just a little. I didn't say I liked it! No! I did not! Damn, busted.

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too many people shun country music, ignoring some of the true poetry in the lyrics. I'm not sure you can hear or understand the lyrics to a lot of the music out there these days.

Compare them to classics like the Bellamy Brothers' "If I said you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me? If I swore you were an Angel would you treat me like the Devil tonight....."

-George

10:15 AM  
Blogger David said...

Catchy. Good hook. But, for one of the all-time most annoyingly difficult "songs" to get out of one's head, "Time After Time" by Jack Clement is a tough one to beat. Not nearly as interesting or as good as “Trashy Women” (heck, not even in the same _class_), but getting it out of my head? Arrrrggghhhh!

Want to torture yourself? A link to the mp3 is at

http://mediamogul.seas.upenn.edu/pennsound/authors/365/365-Days-Project-08-23-clement-jack-time-after-time-after-time-my-voice-is-changing.mp3

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always liked "I've got friends in low places....." because it's so true. */;-)
TGOO

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home