Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Eenie Meenie Minie Mo

Due to contract issues, I hadn’t been to work since right before Christmas. On my day back today, I saw my buddy, father of two, who hired me. He was walking with a strange gait. Almost limping. Knowing he is somewhat athletic and plays games similar to soccer, as I’m walking behind him I said, “What’s up? Tear your Achilles?” He looks at me kind of sheepishly and I am unsure how to interpret. I gather the answer is no. “Pull your calf?” Same look, although now his face is a bit pink, so this time I guess he did something really stupid.

Now I’m not saying anything, but standing there giving him the “What gives look, confess to your stupid mistake” when he says in a low murmur, “It is the after effect of a ‘procedure’ I had done last week.” OH! And because he was slightly embarrassed, I was too.

I’ve known him for 17 years, so it didn’t take long for me to not be so embarrassed about it for him, although the fact the guys in the office were giving him holy hell helped immensely. Things like… I was sitting at his desk going over some tasks and our boss came up with a handful of peanuts, walked over to him smirking and said, “Want some NUTS?” Heh.

My buddy and I had talked about this procedure before Christmas and I made mention of the name of my husband’s urologist. I know doctors in the area. I don’t know why he didn’t listen. INSTEAD, he went to the yellow pages and picked one.

Now color me odd, but when it comes to things like my reproductive/sex/’whatever you want to call it’ parts, I am p-r-e-t-t-y picky about what doctor takes care of them. Well, I’m that way about all body parts, but I just do not see myself picking a guy out of a phone book and I sure as hell wouldn’t let my husband pick a urologist out of a phone book. Heh, I have too much at stake there too. So, I was a bit horrified. And it appears that this guy may have done something wrong, especially since my buddy FELT the ENTIRE procedure. Damn, it makes my stomach tie up in a knot just thinking about that. Blech.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now, wait just a minute. I picked out my hand surgeon from the yellow pages. Since I had a Celtic genetic malformity, I wanted a Scottish hand surgeon. He was perfect.
TGOO

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean, I can't understand why on earth if given a referral by a friend why he would pick the yellow pages. Seen it before and I'm sure I'll see it again.

BeeBee

9:57 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

The "In" doctor to go to down in Austin, Texas is Richard Chopp. He goes by Dick. And he is highly recommended. No lie. I have seen his card and heard it from enough people.

10:16 PM  
Blogger Harvey said...

[hands TMI award to Bou]

10:56 PM  
Blogger Contagion said...

I was doing okay, until you got to the last couple of sentances. Now I'm trying to get my testies to descend out of my chest cavity. THANKS!

8:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi I was actually looking on the net for information about Queen Boudicca, and stumbled upon your page. Being descended from the Celts from both parents. Not that, that matters, and although I too have had the procedure. What ever that procedure may be. I find it fascinating that Americans, descended from where ever, generally seam unable to speak openly and honestly about any thing.
I guess that the operation was a sterilisation, vasectomy. And one could say that your friend had sore or swollen testicles as a consequence. The whole thing a human experience, why pretend that its not. Sorry to say this, but little wonder that the world is in such a mess when we cant even bring our self to say what we think, and be what we say. Sounds like a load of Bollocks to me.
Regards

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home