Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Thursday, January 06, 2005

If Creamers Were Weapons the War Would be Won!

I went to breakfast with VW and her boys yesterday, my three in tow. That made 5 boys and 2 Moms and I’d be lyin’ to you if I didn’t say we got stares. Even a little kid wanted to come by and say hello. No joke. But our kids are really good kids and other than my two eldest who love to see if they can make VW’s eldest laugh, it is uneventful… usually.

Per the usual, the hostess or waitress ask if VW and I want to start with a coffee while we wait to order and per the usual it is met with an emphatic, “YES!” and per the usual, VW and I fixed our coffees how we BOTH really like them… a whole lotta cream and a whole lotta sugar. Typically, we take the empty creamers and let her eldest play with them. He likes to pretend he is putting creamer in my coffee. But on this morning, VW takes a full creamer and tosses it to her very happy son.

VW’s boy is sitting between my 9 year old and my 7 year old. They love to put him between them and play. Being only 2 and a total parrot, he is a blast. The 2 year old takes hold of the creamer and both my boys look at us and say, “Is he allowed to have that” to which VW and I both blow them off and say, “yeah, yeah, yeah”.

Then we heard a “Pop”. I look over and VW’s Son#1 has taken the creamer and put the bottom of it in his mouth, between his teeth… and chomped down. The lid was pointing out. The “Pop” we heard was the pressure of the creamer ‘popping’ the cardboard lid off the plastic creamer. My eldest had a creamer spot on his chest. He looked like he’d been shot. But the funniest part was behind him… all over the paneled wall was creamer, splattered across it like blood in the movies. We all just sat there looking at each other, rather stunned. Then of course we quickly got up and cleaned up our mess, we try very hard to keep our kids well behaved and our messes minimized…

But it was just so funny. “Pop”. Quiet. Cream all over. Little boy with a creamer in his teeth pointed directly at my eldest. My eldest had been shot by a creamer. Her eldest has damn good aim.

3 Comments:

Blogger vw bug said...

LOL. Every time I think about your Eldest son's face, I laugh even harder. I think the quote of the day should be "Mom, I want to trade places now". Heh heh heh.

8:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The scene a typical restaurant, with an atypical problem. The focused man stared at the wall, studying the splatter. He turns to the redhead beside him and says "They cleaned up, but it is clear the shot went home." They are "Creamer Scene Investigations" ... LW

8:28 AM  
Blogger Bou said...

Machelle and LW... LOL to both of you! Yes, Machelle, we have been hanging out with Harvey too long... :)

And VW, I completely forgot about that statement. That cracked me up.

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home