Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Friday, December 17, 2004

Part V of V (excluding the conclusion): It's NOT a Mouse!!!

These 5 installments come from e-mail I sent family and friends in October of 2003. They are written in present tense and other than names, I have altered nothing. To recap, I discovered I had a rodent living in my dash, my husband was out of town, in an irrational frenzy I tried to sell my mini-van before he got home, and am now setting multiple traps and am awaiting the demise of said rodent. This is my ongoing saga... woman vs. rodent-Bou

October 2003
Holy Sweet Mother Of Jesus! It is not a mouse! It’s a rat and you are officially getting a play by play. OH MY GOD. I am having a damn heart attack as I write this. OH MY GOD.

I was at my car putting in my freshly cooked bacon. I was at the passenger side door. I placed the bacon in and was gingerly closing the door. I don’t want to do anything that might trip those traps. I want it loaded for him. Out of the corner of my eye I see something quietly moving along the kid’s bikes. The garage light is on, mind you. It is not afraid. I look over and it is a damn rat and he is big. I swear on my three boys, that here I was between the truck and the van, 12 inches between each, and the next thing I know, I have crawled up between the two of them up to the windows. I have a foot on each side of the car and I have literally walked up both sides of the cars, not breathing, staring at the biggest damn rat I’ve ever seen other than the one my Dad bludgeoned to death with a flashlight when we lived in Taiwan. (That is a whole other story.) I am my father’s daughter, but I am not bludgeoning this thing to death. I can’t bring myself to get that close. I might vomit.

My husband isn’t home. I refuse to go back in the garage. When he gets back, we’ll set multiple traps. I am so not happy. I only have two rat traps and three little bitty mouse traps. That bag boy/man at Publix was right. Oh this is bad bad bad, very very bad. -D

Conclusion tomorrow!!! Who won? Mom or Mouse? Stay tuned! Same rat time, same rat channel...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home