Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Monday, December 13, 2004

Part II of V: Mouse 1, Mom 0

These 5 installments come from e-mail I sent family and friend in October of 2003. They are written in present tense and other than names, I have altered nothing. The first installment is HERE. To recap, I discovered I had a rodent living in my dash, my husband was out of town, in an irrational frenzy I tried to sell my mini-van before he got home, and I've now set a big ass rat trap with peanut butter and am awaiting the demise of said rodent. -Bou

October, 2003

Right now the mouse is winning. I am surmising that he is too small to trip the big rat trap I bought, so now I will buy a mouse trap and set it tonight. I thought he hadn’t even touched the peanut butter since the trap looked untouched, but when I got in the car this afternoon, once again, there was insulation at my feet and in the passenger side, there was torn up foam, which tells me he is trying to eat inside my seats!

I called my sister and said I had to change strategies, that I needed to buy mouse traps and that I was thinking of putting sunflower seeds on top of the peanut butter in case he remembers the peanut butter from the night before and wants something different. She is such a smart ass. She said, “Oh yeah, -D., because that’s how mice think. They say things to themselves like, ‘Oh, I remember that from last night. No thank you, I’ll pass on that. Oh, but wait! There are sunflower seeds now! I must try it!’”

I’m putting less peanut butter on the mouse traps. The thought of having to clean up a ¼ Cup of peanut butter from the carpets of my car is unbearable. My Dad said I over did it and that really only a tsp or so would do the trick. I’m not kidding. I put ¼ cup on that stupid rat trap. And he didn’t even trip it!

Needless to say, when I was driving the kid’s the birthday party this afternoon, looking at the evidence that this mouse is still in my car, I was driving stiff again. I must look like a lunatic on the road. My husband gets back tonight, luckily. I’m driving the truck tomorrow. -D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home