Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Friday, December 17, 2004

Busting Out of a Stereotype...

I was at a Home and School Board meeting on Wednesday night. I was having to give my Treasurer’s report, which is always depressing. At least they don’t believe in shooting the messenger.

Anyway, the middle school kids have dances once a quarter. It’s funny to hear the parents talk about what their kids say. I must admit, I am kind of dreading this school dance thing. It was very funny to watch the 8th grade teacher and the Principal imitate them dancing.

So one of the board members asks the principal if it is OK if instead of hiring a DJ, if the 8th graders could do it, alternating. It was an emphatic NO. I said nothing. I am just watching and listening as teachers chime in. Good stuff.

But the best, by far the best and most eye opening was when the explanation was given that they could not allow 8th graders to DJ due to music choice. With that, a Kindergarten Teacher who I think the world of, who is old enough to have been MY kindergarten teacher, says, “I can hear it now… they’ll pick songs like ‘make a little love, give a little love, get down tonight’…” and she starts doing this disco move. I don’t know what to say folks. It was the funniest thing to see… but that wasn’t it…

Our Principal, who is old enough to have been MY Principal says, “No, they’ll play that, “I’m too sexy for my body” song…” and he STARTS SINGING it and IMITATING it. Now my mouth is agape and my eyes are wide wide wide and I am laughing…

I’m sorry, but kindergarten teachers and principals aren’t supposed to joke about s-ex. They.just.aren’t. ‘Cause, you know, they aren’t, really, like, they aren’t really HUMAN! They are KINDERGARTEN TEACHERS AND PRINCIPALS!!! Geez!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home