Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Friday, December 17, 2004

Apologies, Excuses and Requests...

I have been negligent, but it is out of stress. I haven’t been going through my blogroll like I like to, I’ve not been answering e-mail, I didn’t blog last night and blogged something pre-written and ready the night before… I’m just a little stressed.

Too much on my plate, the holidays are throwing me over the edge, and I’m coping… riding that fine line between insanity and quiet nervousness. This was the week of my son’s concert, which meant I had to perform as well as be the nervous Mom while he performed and of course the obligatory night rehearsal, this is the week I had to go ask the priest of a whole lotta money for teacher bonuses since our school was destroyed due to two hurricanes, this was the week I had to finish Christmas shopping (and I love shopping for my family, I was just trying to fit it all in), this is the week that I needed to work more at my new job as we have a deadline of 31 December, this is the week of my husband’s company Christmas party that I did NOT want to attend, but had to, this was the week of a school board meeting which meant lots of reports and explanations as to where we are and where we’re going financially… and the news is not so good, and this was the week I had to get packages mailed out…

And it may all sound trivial, but trying to keep it organized while still running my family, cooking meals, doing laundry, playing chauffeur, making sure everyone feels loved, grocery shopping done, just the usual Mom stuff… it has been a bit hard on me lately.

A few people have said to me, “You’re the only person I know that has a full plate and then gets a job… right before Christmas.”

So my apologies for the lack of blogging, but MORE IMPORTANTLY, my apologies if I have not been to your site lately, for it is not that I don’t want to be there, but I am having problems staying focused…

That said, all my readers who are bloggers, if you have me blogrolled and do not see your blog on MY blogroll, … I may not know it! Please please let me know. I WANT to reciprocate. E-mail me at boudicah at hotmail dot com. I will be updating my blogroll this weekend and I WANT to read you and I WANT to know about you!

And to all my readers, thank you for your patience!

4 Comments:

Blogger Harvey said...

[leaves bucket of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream on front porch]

[rings doorbell]

[runs behind tree]

[peeks]

11:18 PM  
Blogger vw bug said...

Bou, you forgot about making time for breakfast and setting some time aside to babysit for me... so my Husband and I can have our first date in 1 1/2 years without children. Not that this would add to your stress load. GRIN. It'll be over soon. You are doing a GREAT job. Enjoy some of that cookie icecream!

7:48 AM  
Blogger pamibe said...

Sorry you're stressed!!

Yadayadayada... HOW DID YOU KILL THE RAT?

See... I never was any good with cliffhangers... ;)

9:42 AM  
Blogger Anathematized1 said...

Sheesh, I was stressed cause I had to do laundry today. I find my hardest decision of the day is figuring out if I wanna physically go IN to work so I can chat online all day, or sit at home in pj's and no bra and chat online all day.

I think my idea of hiding in the basement for Christmas and avoiding all responsibility in the meantime has led to a relatively stress-free lifestyle. I'll think of you of when I sit in my cube tomorrow wondering if I will watch movies and eat cheese and crackers for dinner or just fiddle around with my blog some more til I get tired. *chortles and runs away*

Seriously though, "This too shall pass" and you will be back to relative normalcy after the new year, right? Just hang in there!

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home