Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Monday, November 08, 2004

I Swear, I was Just Folding Laundry...

... minding my own business... when my phone rang.

Holy Crap, Lion Tours.

I think I may have a job. Contract work. For my old company. Could it be? Only 10 hours.

One of my dearest friends was a guy... we used to carpool together. For years I teased him his big job in life was to remind me when my anniversary was so I wouldn't forget. Yes, Ladies and Gentlemen... I am one of THOSE wives. I can never remember our anniversary. The first year I transferred out away from my buddy, I scheduled our anniversary dinner for the wrong day.

I digress. So a contract came through and one of my close girlfriends still works there and he called her and said, "So? You think D. would be interested in this?" My friend replied, "Ohhh.... she is going to be so tempted to use her brain..."

And I am.

And I'm thinking it over. And if I can work the hours I want... I just... I am speechless.

When you quit working you have a romanticized view of how it was and I wonder sometimes if I thought too much of myself and maybe people really hated working with me... and I question my worthiness... but to have people call and say, "They brought up your name. They want you."

I cannot cannot cannot convey to you how it feels.

Ten hours. That is all I would want. It will pay for Christmas as my husband took no paycheck for two months because of the hurricanes. It will pay for my roof. I can save for retirement... The pay has to be right...

So much to think about. I feel like I just graduated from college and the world has been set before me. It is an elated feeling.

Holy.Crap.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tammi said...

Wow. That's wonderful.

Wonderful because you have a CHOICE.
Wonderful because it reaffirms that you are missed.
Wonderful because it reaffirms your contribution.
Wonderful because of the timing.

Bask in it all right now.

You deserve it.

2:05 PM  
Blogger Caltechgirl said...

Yippee! I hope the hours and the $$ work out for you.

2:51 PM  
Blogger Feisty said...

YOU GO GIRL!!

;-D

3:15 PM  
Blogger Anita said...

Woo hoo! Congratulations. I hope it works out EXACTLY the way you want it to.

6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home