Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Friday, November 05, 2004

We Make Our Own Circus Here!

There will more than likely be no posting tomorrow. My husband's best friend from college is coming for dinner and staying the night with his wife... and their four children. Yes, I will have 7 children in this house, 6 of whom are boys, ages ranging from 9 3/4 to 3 years, tomorrow afternoon until Sunday.

To make things a bit more complicated, they are Orthodox Jewish and they keep Kosher. So I've been scrambling to figure out what I'm preparing for the next two days. I keep checking the internet to make sure what we do is still within their doctorine. It's always educational.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe I'd so have no clue what do to with the food situation - I'd probably just buy a whole lot of Kosher dill pickles and hope that'd be acceptable :P

-s

8:56 PM  
Blogger Caltechgirl said...

There are plenty of common things that you can serve and keep kosher, just be wary of mixing meat and milk products, that's the biggest mistake we gentiles make when serving our kosher friends, I'm told. Good luck, and I'm sure you've already found plenty of kosher resources to help you decide what to make.

9:48 PM  
Blogger Bou said...

They are really really Kosher, as in I was told if I was going to buy chicken, it needed to be Kosher chicken. We have opted for a lasagna with a tomato sauce my husband is making... no meat as we can't mix the meat with dairy. I just did.not.know there was Kosher chicken. I figured, "No pork, this is cake. I'll just go buy meat!" Ack!

They had the most fun wedding I have ever been to. I need to post on that one day.

10:03 PM  
Blogger Anita said...

I hope you have some Valium on hand. I think I need to go take some after simply reading about having 6 boys in the house for more than 10 minutes.

6:53 AM  
Blogger Ogre said...

Buy earplugs. Quickly.

8:29 AM  
Blogger Stu said...

Well lucky for you, you live in Palm Beach county. There is no shortage of Kosher down there!

3:13 PM  
Blogger Bou said...

Jeff- have you ever thought about how big of an ass you look like? It must be very very sad to live in your body.

Who woulda thunk that you would have become such a troll... I'm hoping all my readers see this and delink you.

To my Bad Example family members... I believe you know who this is.

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home