Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Thursday, November 04, 2004

Thoughts...

For years I sent stories to my family about my kids. I said one day I should compile them and write a book. Anyway, based on one incident, I thought I should entitle one chapter, “Something is Fermenting in my Car.” Well, today I would say, “Something is Fermenting in my Refrigerator.” Disturbing. Very disturbing. I can’t find it. Blech.

I finally had to take Son#2 to the doctor for his stomach. Next stop, the Gastro Guy. Looks like an endoscope is in our future. Ulcers seem to be what is ailing him, but we do not know for sure. I have an aunt who had the same problem at the same age. At least they will put him to sleep for it. Blech. I don’t have a gag reflex, but the thought of someone sticking a scope down my throat into my stomach sure does activate some gagging thoughts.

Son#3 is currently, as I write, trying to convince my husband that we 'really really have to go' to the midnight viewing of The Incredibles. Wha?? Sorry, I am blogging early tonight as I foresee my head on my pillow earrrrrlyyyy tonight. Midnight. Phht. People my age with small children do not go to midnight movies. Oh, but he is pulling out all stops as if he thinks he will actually WIN this battle. Amazing. I think I gave birth to an optimist. Who woulda thunk it?

Son#1 just came in and said, "If you owned the world, would you give it away?" Whaaa???
Me: I don't get it, where are you coming from with this question?
Son#1:Well, there is this man that practically owns the world and he's giving away his job.
Me, completely dumfounded as to who this person is who owns the world: What? Nobody owns the world.
Son#1: Yeah, the richest guy.
Me: Bill Gates?
Son#1: Yeah, Bill Gates.
Me: He doesn't own the world.
Son#1:He doesn't?
Me: No, he owns Microsoft. It just feels like he owns the world.
Son#1: Oh.

I jump on line to figure out if Bill Gates is giving away his job, which he is NOT. Some other guy that is wealthy is. Upon realizing it was not Bill, I gave up the search. Interesting that my son thought someone owned the world. And after all these lessons on democracy and voting... I feel as if I have made no progress...

3 Comments:

Blogger Tammi said...

It's the guy fro Virgin. It's a new reality show - supposed to be bigger and better than the Apprentice.

I'm not watching. Just saw the promos.

Yawn! ;-)

8:40 PM  
Blogger Bou said...

Oh! I remember reading about that. But this is worse! My NINE YEAR OLD SON THOUGHT THE GUY FROM VIRGIN AIRLINES OWNED THE FRICKIN' WORLD?!!! ARGGHHHH!!!!

9:52 PM  
Blogger Anathematized1 said...

No gag reflex? Your husband is a lucky man!

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home