Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Friday, November 05, 2004

Boys Will be Boys

My eldest is having his best friend spend the night tonight. His buddy gets in my car today and says, ‘I got about 35 lbs of candy for Halloween. I’m going to sell it on e-bay because people on e-bay are stuuuuupid. I can make about a billion dollars and then I can be President.”

Now, I know he was joking, but for this to come from a 9 ½ year old cracked me up. Evidently he thinks you gotta be rich to be President. Wonder where he got that impression… Hmmmm….

I don’t really understand why there aren’t more movies about 9 year old boys. They are frickin’ hysterical. I could just sit there and listen to them forever. Our favorite movie is The Sandlot. My boys quote it all the time. “Youuuuu throw like a giirrrlll!” or “If I had a dog… as ugly as you… I’d shave its butt… and tell it to walk backwards”.

So I’ve been listening to them all night as we took them to dinner. It became apparent that when they hit their teen years, we will NEVER go out to eat. It’s too expensive. Those four boys put away some serious food tonight. Anyway, I’m hearing, “Halloween is over, you can take off your mask” and “You’re so lucky. If you decide to go as ‘dumb’ for Halloween, you don’t have to dress up”. Sons 2 and 3 just listen like I do, as the 9 year olds do their banter back and forth. I know, it sounds so stupid, but it’s really funny. It’s all naïve. It’s all meant in jest. There is no malice. Just plain 9 year old boy joking.

3 Comments:

Blogger That 1 Guy said...

Uh, Bou? That joking isn't just 9 year old boy joking... that's just plain old fashioned guy joking. The insults will change, and the language mature, but the spirit will be the same forever! :)

2:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Sandlot...I run into the catcher kid every now and then. Kinda creepy, since he's an adult and he still looks the same. About four or five years ago, my buddy Jeff ran into him at 7-11. Catcher guy says he forgot his ID and wanted to know if Jeff could get beer for him. Jeff kindly declined, and the whole time he was thinking, "I'm not buying beer for the kid from The Sandlot!"

Toluca Nole

3:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee, hee:

http://ia.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I/87/27/22m.jpg

Toluca Nole

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home