Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Sunday, November 07, 2004

Saturday Afternoon through Sunday Noon

I have to say that yesterday afternoon through this afternoon was great fun. We had a blast. Their kids aren’t crazy wildmen and everyone was well behaved. The Dads took them outside to play baseball right before dinner. As I’ve said in the past, I live on an acre, so there is plenty of room to run. With seven kids, a baseball game and a huge swingset, they played outside a lot last night.

Dinner was fabulous. My husband outdid himself with a great marinara lasagna and an eggplant parmesan. We bought paper plates since I don’t keep a kosher kitchen, but I realized that our pans have had both meat and dairy in them. Our friends were great and could believe we had gone through all the trouble to make sure even our dishes were fine. That’s how it is when you are guest in my home… if there is something you need, I want to make sure you have it and feel comfortable. They would be the same for us.

The kids all laid out in our family room to sleep cracked me up. We had them in sleeping bags. I guess the little people were a little wound up so, eventually Sons 1 and 3 got up and said, “I’m sleeping in my own bed” and did their own thing. Son#2 could sleep through a bombing strafe.

Of course, as they were gathering their stuff… it is completely classic… I hear my friend yelling to her daughter, “L.! Where are your shoes?! Are they still 1st and 3rd base outside?” Yes… they were.

When our friends had to leave this afternoon, I was really bummed. I could have easily spent another day with them, 7 kids and all. And I must blog on their wedding some day… the coolest wedding I have ever attended. They had an Orthodox Jewish wedding and it was fabulous… My husband being a groomsmen, we took part in all the festivities. It was truly one of the most memorable experiences I’ve had.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home