Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Thursday, October 28, 2004

Chicken Divan

My entry into this week's Carnival of the Recipes... hosted by the Lovely SarahK. Deadline, tonight, midnight. Recipes go to recipes.carnival(at) gmail (dot) com.

This recipe is one of our staples. I serve with rice.

Chicken Divan
1 10 oz pkg frozen broccoli spears
1/4 C butter
1/3 C all-purpose flour
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 C milk
1 C chicken broth
1/4 dry white wine (I am more liberal, I confess... I think I go up to 1/3)
1/3 C shredded swiss (Once again... I use more)
4 Chicken breast halfs cooked (I sautee in advance)
1/4 C grated Parm cheese
Paprika

Steam broccoli spears and drain. Arrange in a 9x13 baking dish.

In a pan, melt butter; stir in flour, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Add milk and broth all at once. Cook and stir till bubbly; continue cooking 1 to 2 minutes more. Stir in wine. Add cheese; stir till melted.

Pour half sauce over broccoli. Top with chicken. Pour remaining sauce over all. Sprinkle Parm cheese and paprika atop. Bake at 350 deg for 20 minutes or until heated through.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home