Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Saturday, September 25, 2004

BRain Surgeons and Rocket Scientists

The Great Omnipotent One called me today with a couple funny stories. I can only post one of them.

Since Ivan hit, power has been restored to them, however, there are some trees that needed to be taken down. As he put it, he hired a Brain Surgeon and a bunch of Rocket Scientists from S. Carolina to take these trees down. If you recall, TGOO lives on a power easement and some of these trees were damaged and needed to be removed. Well his team of brain surgeons and rocket scientists took one of those trees down right across the power lines on the easement, where an explosion ensued and a fire started. He said he thinks at least 8 people called 911. I can just imagine my Mom wigging out. Her big fear is fire. I guess I came by that naturally.

Anyway, the fire department showed, putting the fire out and the folks directly behind my parent's home and many many neighborhoods south suddenly lost power. My parents did not!

So Gulf Power is out there right now restringing the power lines.

What idiots. You would think if you removed trees for a living you would ensure you didn't ever take out power lines. Especially not the big ass kind attached to the transformers on a power easement.

5 Comments:

Blogger vw bug said...

Hey Bou, who did the TGOO use? The first quote my folks got was $12000. That's right $12k. Sounds too high to me... but don't know.

3:52 PM  
Blogger Bou said...

I wouldn't recommend this team of bozos.

Some friends of theirs paid $6,000 for a BIG oak to be removed from their home... a crane had to lift it off. A group of neighbors gathered to watch the event. I guess the owner of the home kept saying, "$6,000... I could go on a cruise with $6,000."

4:24 PM  
Blogger Kathy K said...

12k sounds like gouging to me. Tell them to check around.

In defense of that crew, trees are a bit like hurricanes. You think they'll break one way, you are trying to make them break that way... and they go exactly where you don't want them to.

5:54 PM  
Blogger Bou said...

VW- My Dad said to check around more, but he doesn't want to give you this crews name. He actually likes these guys, he just said they're not real tree people. They're a lawn maintenance crew from SC. He said he likes the job they're doing, other than the power incident, but he wouldn't trust'em with a tree on his house or over is house.

BB- You are right. The way he described how these guys are taking down these trees though, it's obvious they aren't real tree people. He said they're super nice though and they did 11 trees for $1200. Can't beat that.

5:58 PM  
Blogger Bou said...

OOPS! That was a type. Sorry Bellicose Woman. Should have been BW, not BB.

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home