Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Saturday, August 07, 2004

Thru the Looking Glass

I am adding a new link today. "Thru the Looking Glass" is my blog brother _Jon's other blog. (His other blog is We Swear.) _Jon lost his fiancee, Julie, on January 27 to cancer. As his blog states, "This is the tale of Julie's last year and the effect it has had on the people around her. "

Starting on 1 August, _Jon started posting on the daily experience they had exactly one year ago that day. I've been reading it and e-mailed him, asking him if I could put a link on my blog, so I could just link over from here as opposed to going to We Swear and linking over or typing it in manually every time. I told him I would say nothing to anyone, as I view this as a catharsis for him. I would just put it there and use it. His response to me was that the more people that read it, the more people it helps and he talks about it openly. I think it is a very healthy attitude.

So with that, I am adding, Thru the Looking Glass. It is tough to read and there are times I cannot, but every day I try. My thoughts are with you every day, _Jon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tammi said...

I've been stopping over there for a while now also. Never leave a comment, actually went in from my bookmark. It felt like a private place, that's why I never mentioned it either. In fact, it was not until recently I realized they were one and the same person.

I'm glad you are linking to it. I'll add to my roll also. My heart breaks for him, a loss like that is beyond words.

9:07 PM  
Blogger Bou said...

I NEVER comment there either. I just read. I really wasn't going to post on it, just put it on my roll with his permission. It never occured to me that he would be so thoughtful to think of others it would help. I know damn well I'm not that good of a person.

Damn, my heart aches for him.

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home