Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Sunday, July 18, 2004

De ja Vu?

Today Beth at She Who Will Be Obeyed had something on her blog that really disturbed me (she gives full credit to where SHE found it in her post).  It was about potential terrorists. A woman named Annie Jacobsen had a really scary ass flight last month and she wrote about it. It’s a long read, but I couldn’t stop.  I had to finish it.  It scared the stew out of me. 
 
Look people, there is going to be another terrorist attack before the election.  It was probably going to happen anyway, but Spain just sealed our fate.  We can’t ignore stuff like this. It is completely inexcusable. 

Am I the only one who has seen the interview with James Woods, the actor?  I saw it on Fox and here’s the transcript.  Take a look at it if you have not.  I hate to say I enjoyed any part of this interview, but I did find funny this excerpt a part where he is talking to the FBI on the phone:

WOODS: “…I said, "Well, look, I'll get ready and you know, I'll come down to the federal building." He said, "That's OK, we're outside your house. We'll just wait for you here."  Quarter to seven in the morning. And said -- and I -- and this is the only funny part of any of this. I said, "How did you know where I lived?" And there was a pause. He said, "We're the FBI, thank you."

So if Mr. Woods witnessed a practice run, what is to say nobody else will witness a practice run of the next step?  And as Annie Jacobsen says, "But I wonder, if 19 terrorists can learn to fly airplanes into buildings, couldn't 14 terrorists learn to play instruments?” 

5 Comments:

Blogger Tammi said...

I saw what Beth wrote, and what's on several other sites, and Yes, it scares me to no end.

We should all Know that that there will be another attack. That shouldn't even be an issue. And we should ALL be keeping a watchful eye. It's our responsibility. We can't expect lawmakers to handle everything.

I hadn't read the Fox transcripts, so thank you for linking those. Blood chilling. No doubt.

8:31 AM  
Blogger Harvey said...

To be fair, I've read in some places that there are innocent explanations for the behavior, and also some doubts as to whether 14 men would be sent to do a 5 person job and then draw so much attention to themselves. My personal jury is still out as to whether this was a real incident.

But is something else due between now and November?

I expect so.

Afterwards, I expect the cries of racial profiling as evil won't carry a feather's worth of weight any more.

10:49 AM  
Blogger Bou said...

Honestly, innocent or not, people need to learn not to be stupid. They tell us not to leave our bags unattended; it is our job to notice things that are odd. Our actions and how we perceive things need to change. Terrorists are all about blending now, I am sure. I still get nervous flying, but of course I was a mess about it before 9/11. I didn't much fuel on that fire.

1:03 PM  
Blogger Contagion said...

2 1/2 months after 9/11 I took my family on a flight from Chicago to Orlando. On the way there we stopped in Detroit (Nasty dirty city with a matching terminal) and we stopped at Memphis on the way back. I was not afraid to fly then and I wont be afraid to fly now. The difference between 9/10 (The day before) and 9/12 (The day after) is the American view on the world. If someone tried to Hijack a plain now I think, I believe that most Americans would realize they are going to die and do more to fight back. It's amazing what a mob of poeple can do with chair cusions... Hey, they ain't only for flotation, because they sure aren't comfortable.

I don't doubt the terrorist scum will try something else. But I don't think they will get the reaction from the passengers they are expecting.

7:20 PM  
Blogger Bou said...

Contagion, you are right. My Dad (TGOO) says the same thing. This time people will fight for their lives. It is scary to think they would attempt to assemble a bomb in a plane, however.

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home