Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Sunday, June 13, 2004

My Blog Fathers

I am a very lucky girl! I have TWO Blog Fathers. Count ‘em. TWO! So this an "About my Blog Fathers” Post.

I started reading Grau over at Frizzensparks, around March 5, 2004. He is the creator of the Retrosexual Code that you see all over the internet. He IS the author. Don’t believe any other websites if you see otherwise. Anyway, my newspaper, the Palm Beach Post, did an article that previous Sunday on Metrosexual vs. Retrosexual and they actually published part of his Retrosexual Code, all cleaned up for the family paper of course, and I thought it was so funny, I looked up his Blog so I could see the entire post. I guess I got addicted to Grau and his Blog and became a loyal reader, eventually getting the nerve to comment, and then probably becoming a downright pest, as I comment all the time over there. I think groupy might be an appropriate term. Grau has the best sense of humor and there are times I get to laughing so hard at his take on things, I have tears in my eyes. I have no clue where he comes up with his material, but it is a true pleasure to read.

In early May, Grau blogged that one of his commentors, had found a new home for his blog. It was Harvey over at Bad Example. I linked over and found him to be very witty and I loved that he had read Robert Service, but mostly was damn impressed that he had been to Nuke School in the Navy. For you civilians without Navy experience, Nuke School is the creme de la creme of the Navy. The big brains go there. (I am a Navy "Junior". Children of the Army are brats. Those of us that are products of Naval personnel are "Juniors".) After a few weeks I mustered up all I had to comment on his site and suddenly I found myself to be a loyal reader of his also. I love his daily Love Notes. His blog is what I had hoped it would be and more. They say he is perverted, which cracks me up. I find him to be warm, witty and sexy. Yeah, I do.

Both of these men are daily reads for me. I check them at least twice a day. I think their running commentary in their ‘Comments’ sections are sometimes just as funny as their blogs. They seem to have great wonderful commentors.

So thank you to my Blog Fathers who have cajoled, offered assistance, and kept me motivated. I hope I do not disappoint.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

From: _Jon

Welcome, Sis!

8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Sis! *waves*
Or is that half-sis as I only have the one Blogfather...?
Whatever. Welcome to the family!

Sally

12:11 PM  
Blogger Bou said...

Thank you! There are 10 of us now on Harvey's side and 2 of us on Grau's. The family is growing... I think they're still working on another... one each.

8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd rather be a brat any day. I've always had a dislike for 'jr'... I'd rather have my very own name, rather than just my dad's with a suffix.

Plus - brats are good with beer! Especially soaked in it!

5:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home