Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Sunday, December 19, 2004

I Took a Left at the Fork in the Road and Ended Up with 3 Kids...

It’s the little things… I went to a very small university, enrollment was around 8000 when VW and I attended. I loved it and had a great experience. I loved my professors, the facilities, the people I met. I made some lifetime friendships there, people I think I could still no kidding rely on if the proverbial doo doo hit the fan. Don’t think for a minute I would go back to that time in my life… no siree. I worked my ass off studying, but the pay off was well worth it and I did have fun while doing so. I give money to my alma mater and if I won the lottery, they would benefit. I look back on the path my life has taken, at all the forks in the road and the directions I chose and I think, no… I KNOW, that my transferring to that small university over staying where I originally started, was one of the best things that ever happened to me. It was a pivotal point in my life and it made me a more confident person…and I feel certain I received a better education.

That one little thing… look what it has done… I transferred to this small school, where I met up with a guy I knew in High School. (He hung with the same group of guys I hung with and they used to roll my house, as in toilet paper.) Anyway, he made sure I met everyone he knew, which means I met his girlfriend, who was VW (they got married, but it did not work out). I hung out with them and their friends for the last 18 months of my education, attended their wedding, and when he got a job down here in S. Fl, he was adamant I get my application in. Adament is not a strong enough word. He mailed me an application with a note telling me I would apply. I did. I got a job. I moved down and eventually met my husband. They kind of screened my husband… looking back on it. Actually, VW and her ex really took care of me when I moved down here knowing nobody.

It’s just kind of odd how something like transferring schools in the long run has such a major life altering impact upon one’s life… I wouldn't have ended up down here, meeting my spouse, having these great kids...

That said, I received a note in the mail yesterday saying something like, “We are currently updating our files to publish our directory… blah blah blah… please call so we can confirm your biographical information.”

Well. Damn. Could this have happened at a better time?! I am a WORKING WOMAN now! Now I can put Mom as well as employee. Life is good. Very good.

1 Comments:

Blogger vw bug said...

Don't make me laugh... you 'Worked' before you got a job that pays actual USA money. ;-)

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home