Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Monday, September 27, 2004

Basking in my Dorkness

Right before Jeanne hit, I was walking through Walmart when I found these rubber boots for $12.00. I was so excited. I ruined my running shoes during landscape clean up from Frances. I think it was whenI stepped in the foot of water to clean out the storm drain. Or maybe it was when I was dragging tree limbs to the front and half my yard was squishy black muck and I sunk up to my ankles. That'll do it every time.

So I saw these boots and was just overjoyed! It is amazing the incredibly stupid stuff that makes you happy during hurricane season. Then... I got to use them!

There is a basic rule after being hit by a hurricane. Clean up does not start until 24 hours after damage. You can assess damage immediately, but you don't do clean up until everything dies down, about 24 hours. We got hit Saturday night/Sunday morning, we assessed damage on Sunday morning, then we went back inside and didn't come out until Monday for clean up, as did everyone else in my neighborhood.

I woke up realizing I got to wear my new boots for clean up! There I was, ball cap, yardwork sunglasses (23 year old beau/hunk man boy calls them my Terminator glasses), running shorts, t-shirt and rubber boots. The biggest dork you ever did see. All I needed was a couple teenagers of my own to hide in utter embarrassment from their Mom. Instead I have a 9 year old who said, "Oh! Let me take the picture for Aunt!" I decided my hip chick sister needed a picture of her dorky older sibling.

So here it is, basking in all my dorkiness... I can't wait until I have teenagers to embarrass the stew out of ! heh heh heh And this also goes to confirm that there is no way in hell I am 23 year old beau hunky man/boy's older woman fantasy.



BTW, my Mom would NEVER dress like this... oh, but The Great Omnipotent One would!

10 Comments:

Blogger Tammi said...

Let me just say - It's a great picture!!! :)

Good to see YOU. Good to see your HOUSE in the background...you know, wall, roof and windows. Yeah - it's a GREAT picture.

9:15 AM  
Blogger Bou said...

Oh that's not my house. It's my neighbors. But either way, all our windows are intact too!

9:21 AM  
Blogger Jovianne said...

Boots and all, its a wonderful pic!
Nice seeing that sunshine again. . .

10:33 AM  
Blogger vw bug said...

Bou, you look great even in that picture. The only thing I've got going for me is bigger boobs since I weigh more and am about the same height, I need something! You look slim, perky, and somewhat tomboyish... but great. How about bringing you and your boots over here and cleaning up my yard? I'll pay you 50cents an hour. GRIN.

1:12 PM  
Blogger Bou said...

Perky! Cool! I guess thats what you get as at 32B. And Tomboyish is cool too. That's pretty much always been me... and you, VW. :)

Wait... _Jon, no cleaning and better pay... that's better than the job I have NOW!

10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, do you look good! I have boots just like that, bought'em at Walmart too.

But how do you stay so clean looking? After working in the yard I look like a swamp rat, sweat running down, face all flushed, dirt all over me. Never mind the smell.

BeeBee

6:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

..DANG, girl... love the glasses... ;)

5:16 PM  
Blogger Bou said...

That was only 1/4 way through clean up. I'd only done the storm drains. I was so caked in mud I had to scrub it off in the shower. It was nasty.

5:26 PM  
Blogger Bou said...

It was the rubber boots, wasn't _Jon. :) It's those sexy $12 Walmart rubber working boots!

9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, i love seeing pics of other bloggers! thanks, Bou! btw, you have great legs, i'm so envious!

sarahk

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home