Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Monday, November 22, 2004

Follow the Bouncing Ball...

Once again, a story that I think the men will laugh at, I may gather a cyber collective *gasp* from the women... and my Mom might get kinda pissed. Just a little... although she may laugh and *gasp*.

Background: Keep in mind my Son is 9 and really just is NOT noticing anything. Also, remember that his mother is a small breasted woman. When I go running if I wear a good tight sports bra, I look like a boy. There is no 'bouncing'.

We were eating dinner after going to see the Sponge Bob movie. The topic of David Hasselhoff came up and Son#1 wanted to know who he was. So my husband explained that he was in a show called Knight Rider and then went on to be in a show called Baywatch where he played a life guard with a bunch of bikini clad women life guards who ran around on the beach. The following is the ensuing conversation:

Son#1: Sounds like a stupid show.

Husband: Maybe, but some men thought it brilliant.

Son#1: Why?

Husband: All the women in their bathing suits running on the beach. Their breasts were bouncing and some men like to watch that.

Son#1: (short thoughtful pause) Maybe they were attached by strings making them bounce up and down.

Silence at the table as my husband and I look at him.

Me: Yeeeaaaaah. That would do it.

I wasn't about to explain that to him... not anymore than I was about to explain that humans don't always do it like Donkeys.

5 Comments:

Blogger Bou said...

David... just post! I read your profile. You look like you've got a helluva a lot going on in your life. Let me know when you're up and running...

10:18 PM  
Blogger Stu said...

You mean strings are not what makes them bounce? I thought it was since they had those pointy things to hook on to.

10:27 PM  
Blogger Harvey said...

Tell Son #1 that special effects technology has improved greatly since the 90's, and these days you can't see the strings anymore :-)

11:57 PM  
Blogger vw bug said...

Guess I need to get some string and bring it with me the next time I come to visit you and the boys. GRIN. That is way too funny.

8:12 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

LOL! We are starting to have those conversations at the dinner table in my house, too with our 6 yoa son. Cracks me up the things they think of.
~L.

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home